Problem with demo version...

• Hi,

Zitat von "Gurvan"

I do have some JPG made of Russian maps... ;-)...

Well, maybe, because there is nothing special with russian military maps this
    chapter was never completed? I have to look into it. Simply referr to the
    common chapters about referencing maps. Russian maps go simply
    with 3x3 calibration and Map-Datum Pulkovo1942

Zitat

Maybe something for a future version ? ;-)

No, unfortunately, definitely not !
    But there are IGN maps published by "MemoryMap", which TTQV can read
    and an ambitioned user can calibrate.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Zitat von "jockel"

Well, maybe, because there is nothing special with russian military maps this chapter was never completed? I have to look into it.

No problem... I just mention it because I saw it... ;-)

Zitat von "jockel"

Simply referr to the common chapters about referencing maps. Russian maps go simply with 3x3 calibration and Map-Datum Pulkovo1942

Yes, I'll do that as it is important for me ! I work in Georgia with the UN right now and all our maps are Russian one (Of course...) But the GPS are often in WGS 84 and thus there are localisation problems sometimes...
    I can mix Datum for the map (Pulkovo1942) and Datum for the GPS (WGS84) right ? I mean, that the map can be calibrated with one and the tracks might come from the other system and still mix seamlessly ? With the plotted position being the correct one ?

Zitat von "jockel"

No, unfortunately, definitely not !
    But there are IGN maps published by "MemoryMap", which TTQV can read and an ambitioned user can calibrate.

"Memory Map" ? Well I don't know those... I'll look into it !
    But you can confirm that I can open the one from Cartoexploreur, right ?

• Hi,

Zitat von "Gurvan"

But the GPS are often in WGS 84 and thus there are localisation problems sometimes...

Yes, many GPS do not have Pulkovo Datum nor can you set them
    to display positions in "Warschau Pakt Grid"

Zitat

I can mix Datum for the map (Pulkovo1942) and Datum for the GPS (WGS84) right ? I mean, that the map can be calibrated with one and the tracks might come from the other system and still mix seamlessly ? With the plotted position being the correct one ?

Yes, data exchange between GPS and TTQV is always in WGS84, TTQV
    will take care for the rest. Your positions/tracks will be displayed correctly!

Zitat

But you can confirm that I can open the one from Cartoexploreur, right ?

Only the older ones, until map revision 3!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Guys, you are great ! ;-) Really !

When you mean "until map revision 3!" That means Revision 3 included or no ? ;-) Before I go and spend some more money... ;-)
    I guess that the non-support of older versions come from problems with licensing fees ?

As for that link, I don't know how it works but the file is now in the TTQV4 folder...

Anyway, tomorrow, I'll be flying back to Georgia and do some more hard work with TTQV. If it passes my requirements, and I think it will, I'll be a new customer quite soon ! :lol: :crazy: ;-)

• Zitat von "Gurvan"

As for that link, I don't know how it works but the file is now in the TTQV4 folder...

. . . you have zu unzip the ZIP archive before TTQV can use the qu4 database after restart of TTQV. To see the maps you need an internet connection.

Good luck - Anton

• I did the unzipping and placed the ECWP.qu4 file in the TTQV4 folder. Now, I suppose (But I still haven't done the RTFM... ;-) ) that I will have to import the maps ?
    Anyway, I am playing out with some other options so far...

There is something that I will need to do. I was a Mac user of a program called MacGPSpro and this one saves its file in a format which is, of course, quite different from yours. Those files can be opened using Excel or any Text editor as they are mostly CSV file. They can also be exported to Google Earth format. I will have to look into the possibility to open those files in TTQV4.
    I need that data...

One last thing though...

If I buy from Georgia, will I get a License through email and additionnal download links ? The CD/DVD/Whatever could go to my home address in France... ;-) But the complete version, I'll need in Georgia... And that means download for me...

• Hi,

Zitat von "Gurvan"

I did the unzipping and placed the ECWP.qu4 file in the TTQV4 folder. Now, I suppose (But I still haven't done the RTFM... ;-) ) that I will have to import the maps ?

ECWP, these are files, that are located on www, simply ba online and
    open a map, slowly, but in one or another scale, the entire world is covered.

Zitat von "Gurvan"

There is something that I will need to do. I was a Mac user of a program called MacGPSpro and this one saves its file in a format which is, of course, quite different from yours. Those files can be opened using Excel or any Text editor as they are mostly CSV file

Maps that are csv files, hard to believe! Do not expect to read them using TTQV!

I suggest, in some calm hours simply go through the manual of TTQV to
    get an idea, what it can do. Else we could continue guessing and expecting
    for hours ;-)

Zitat

If I buy from Georgia, will I get a License through email and additionnal download links ? The CD/DVD/Whatever could go to my home address in France... ;-) But the complete version, I'll need in Georgia... And that means download for me...

TTQV can be downloaded, the file is always the same, only the licence
    makes the difference, you will receive (if you order a CD) the CD/code by
    snail-mail, plus the TTQV-code by e-mail. But, you can only download
    TTQV software, those "add on's" like GNDB, Overview Worldmaps...are
    only available from this CD.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• MacGPSpro does not save its map in CSV but only some of its files likes Track Logs or Waypoints... Those are the ones I want to get back and I'll find a way... ;-)

For the manual, you are quite right and I have already started the learning process ! I'll find some high-speed printer, print it out and read and practice at the same time. An electronic manual is good but sometimes not enough. Especially as the screen can get quite cluttered ! :lol:

Understood what I'll get from an online registration process... That sounds OK by me. So no big deal ! I'll register quite soon probably.
    In fact, I think that once I'll try calibrating one of those Soviet Topo Map I must use and import the MacGPSpro data unto it, and if the result is what I expect which seems to be the case, that will be more than enough for me...

Right now, the basic functions which I used to do with a Garmin 201 Geko and MacGPSpro are more than covered with the team PathAway/TTQV and that is already quite good ! Even tough I am using this setup on a Mac with Parallels. Much faster than under Virtual PC !

Adding map unto it will only make it better ! The cherry on the cake... ;-)

Thanks again for all the help ! That is VERY much appreciated !!

• Zitat von "Gurvan"

MacGPSpro does not save its map in CSV but only some of its files likes Track Logs or Waypoints... Those are the ones I want to get back and I'll find a way... ;-)

Hi Gurvan,

you have at least two ways to import Track or Waypoint files from MacGPSPro

the easy way - save the Tracks and Waypoints in GPX format and import the files into TTQV as GPX

the old fashion way - save the Tracks and Waypoints in text format and import the files into TTQV as "Autre"
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://mac-im-netz.de/dateien/pictures/selection.jpg]

To simplify this task you can use a QIF file (import filter) like
    MacGPSPro.qif = an import filter for MacGPSPro Track files in WGS84

Regards - Anton